Thursday, September 30, 2010

Burden box meets inspiration.



Dear Jonathan,

How divine it was to see you. I didn't know what to say.
You could have written another novel while I watched you speak in those chairs so lucidly.
I almost forgot to look at eyes instead of your perfect spectacles. I should have shaken your hand.
But you signed my book and I hoped to keep my distance, however I wished your magnificence contagious.

You took the envelope willingly and I am so greatful. Did you get it in the mail that one time I sent it to you? In which case you'll have two. And you can give it to Nicole while I read her novel just as well.

Thank you for the beautiful realities you've created and truths you've shared.

Be well, Jonathan.

I'm sorry I've been slow on the box work. Burden Box will be closing in a month and it would lovely to get just one more letter, even if it's not from you, but how delightful it would be. Don't tell me if you do or don't. You've done plenty enough already.

Cordially,
Burden Box Project


[Readers: recall, inspiration from Joseph Cornell, A Convergence of Birds edited by Jonathan Safran Foer and earlier entry.]


No comments:

Post a Comment